Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The cycle


It is easy to get carried away with life and how difficult it can be. I would be the first to agree with you, life can be tough. One thing I have learned over the years is the fact that I have to constantly stay motivated, immerse myself in the Word of God and read books or listen to podcasts that uplift my spirit. Seriously, life is to short for me to only listen to the negatives.

I remember John Maxwell making reference to the fact that clean people do not take a shower once a year, they bathe daily. Same thing goes for energetic and positive people. They do not moan all day, they constantly renew themselves with positivity and stay away from constant negativity. 

There is this very interesting TED talk I listen to daily, Yes, daily. It puts things in perspective for me. It is called "The happiness advantage" by Shawn Achor. The first time I listened to it, I smiled a lot. Not only because he has a great sense of humour, but also because he made me understand that old Yiddish expression that says "to a fly in horseradish the whole world is horse radish."

The world is as beautiful as you allow yourself to believe it is. Yes, ugly things do happen but if you dwell on the ugliness for far too long, you would never ever see the beauty even when it is staring you in the face.

Have a great day.

No comments: