Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year

I am thankful that I had a wonderful 2010. I accomplished everything I wrote in  my little book and much more. (yes, I am one of those people who write things they wanna do for the year in little books).

Although before 2010 was over, there were incidences of bombings that occurred in that once peaceful town of Jos and in Abuja. When I heard the news, my face was hot. The horror was real and these people died because our security operatives are either incompetent or uninformed...or both. I was too unhappy to be filled with rage and I hate saying stuff like'it could have been me or someone I know'. It was someone's child, father, mother, sister, brother, friend, neighbour...that had to go through this horror. I sympathize with those who lost people or someone to the dastardly act of violence.

I would not go into any debate as to what steps could have been taken to avoid this and I do not need to reiterate the fact that I don't think GEJ has a clue as to how to govern us or at least be proactive. I was particularly saddened that some people from my age group were clamouring for a coup. I think not...we cannot afford to go backward in order to move forward.

My coffee is getting cold and its almost 3 a.m., I need to sleep and my face still feels hot, but the tears would not come streaming down my face. I must face the year like I planned to. (No, I wont tell you how I planned to face it...except you take a peek at my little black book...no, this year its a purple book).

2 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Happy new year, Toyin. Commented on your fb note. May God continue to keep us safe, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Myne said...

The new year started badly but hopefully it will become better. God rest the souls of those who died in all the senseless violence.

Have a blessed 2011.