Monday, June 20, 2011

Religion + Laziness = Opium?

"Give a man a Fish and you would feed him for a day; give him religion and he would starve to death while praying for a fish." Timothy Jones.


I agree with him to some extent. We get so caught up in religion and religious activities and forget that our beliefs would be tested outside the confines of the church.


It surprises me to no end when people spend a large amount of their time in Church. What on earth are you doing there all the time? When do you get the chance to practice what you have heard?


I think its sheer laziness...crucify me later but I am entitled to my opinions however stupid they seem to you.


Although I cannot recommend what is enough when it comes to religious activities but I strongly believe that any exercise you engage in which renders you useless to your immediate environment is an exercise in futility.


I would be the first to admit that it is easy to get caught up in such exercise. We need to examine ourselves though...do we go to church regularly because it makes us feel spiritual or do we go because we simply enjoy the Word and want to fellowship with others?





No comments: