Thursday, February 21, 2013

Bulletproof


People around me know about my love for the song “Titanium” by David Guetta and Sia. You should Google the lyrics; perhaps you would understand why I am besotted with the song.

It puts things in perspective for me: I have nothing to lose if things come at me because I am bulletproof. I have the willpower to withstand all difficulties because I know who I am and who is in me.

It takes a lot of strength to stay on track when plans do not work out or everything  seems to go wrong. The moment you decide to be happy no matter what happens, everything seems to go downhill.

Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane is a good example. 

The week before, He had been praised and welcomed on a donkey with people spreading out palm leaves and chanting songs of praise. A week later, He was in the garden, dreading what He knew must happen but having the resolve to go through with it as God had given Him the strength to despite the fact that one of His own would betray him and the others would disappear.

In the garden, He prayed fervently for God to provide Him a way to escape being sent to the cross, but He looked at the bigger picture…if He did not go to the cross, then we would all be damned. So He decided that He had nothing to lose by going to the cross but a lot to gain.

The point I want to make is this: whatever adverse situation you go through, do not consider what you may lose but what you would gain. It is with that perspective you would go through it with your head held high and a smile on your face.

No comments: